MINERVA CAPITAL is a
private investment firm
investing noninstitutional capital
in businesses with the potential
to create sustainable long-term value.
Private equity redefined
- FLEXIBLE · PATIENT · LONG-DURATION committed capital base without the rigidity of fund structures commonly employed in private equity.
- SUCCESSFUL · DISTINGUISHED
track-record of investments in small & medium sized enterprises (SMEs) spanning over several decades.
- UNIQUE · UNRIVALED · DISCREET operating model servicing the Spanish lower-middle market based out of our offices in Madrid, Spain.
a different approach
Of family & entrepreneur-owned businesses given our history.
Over our investment decisions.
In investment structuring & investment horizon.
With focus on long-term value creation.
To traditional Private Equity.
Select number of investments
We seek to make and manage only a small number of high quality,
concentrated investments at any one time.
Investment sweet spot
Whilst we retain flexibility, we typically focus on control buy-outs:
- founder buyout
- management buy-in/buy-out (MBI/MBO)
- capital increase for control / restructuring balance sheet
Investment size & structure
Equity tickets in the range of €1m-€10m per opportunity.
Flexibility to offer seller co-investment participation in future value creation.
Building for the future
We look to add value where we can through our hands on approach.
If appropriate we aim to facilitate generational change as family run firms transition and professionalize.
Our focus is on Spanish-based small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
across broad industry sectors that generally fit the following criteria:
Profitable with strong cash flow generation
Track record of organic growth
Low capital intensity
With Significant Potential
For international growth & development
To transition & professionalize from family ownership
To achieve scale through bolt on acquisition(s)
Our management team has over 40 years of combined experience in the Private Equity industry, working hands-on with all stakeholders, including management and shareholders through its active presence on the Boards of portfolio companies and other committees.
• Industry veteran including 13 years as financial manager of the multinational group Coats Viyella (textile sector)
• Responsible for the private equity activity of the Rothschild Group in Europe (1990-1997) and Excel partners, Spain (1997-2004)
• Invested/divested in/from over 30 companies
• Degree in Mathematics from the University of Cambridge
• Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese
• Currently President/Chairman of Premo S.L
• Began his career in Corporate Finance at Investec Investment Bank, London
• Advised on numerous transactions including private and public M&A, IPOs, secondary fundraisings and private placements
• Over a decade in Private Equity since joining Minerva Capital
• Degree in Economics from the University of Cambridge
• Languages: English, Spanish